phc 26 (1).jpg
CPBVM-vt-gry-400.png

GEORGIA'S PARISH

The current Church of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built in 1883 and is the third church built by the first Catholic congregation in Georgia.

 

Once the center of Catholic life in Georgia, Sharon's population eventually dwindled. From lack of use, the church was neglected and fell into ruin.

 

A group of concerned Catholics initiated a campaign to save the church, and it is now open for retreats, tours, and special Masses.